Power Outage Tips
Even small storms can cause damage. The CDC offers these tips to help you prepare for and cope with sudden loss of power:
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, use generators, pressure washers, grills, and similar items outdoors only. Generators should be used at least 20 feet away from your home.
- Identify and throw away food that may not be safe to eat.
- Check with local authorities to be sure your water is safe.
- In hot weather, stay cool and drink plenty of fluids to prevent heat-related illness.
- In cold weather, wear layers of clothing, which help to keep in body heat.
- Avoid downed power lines, if a power line falls on a car, you should stay inside the vehicle.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 847-983-4468